Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Nuttin, Honey

That's what happened today.  The kids were working extra hours today and regular hours tomorrow so we had today, tonight, and have tomorrow all to ourselves.  I goofed off this am.  Whenever possible I watch the old episodes of Perry Mason on ME TV.  Here I can get it at 8am and 10:30pm every day.  I partake whenever I can.  I have several seasons on DVD, but I save those for areas where tv is not available.  While I was lolling around (not really, I did my 15 min. of floor exercise), Duane took the bike to be inspected.  That is one downfall to domiciling in TX--all of our vehicles, including our 5th wheel house must be inspected every year before we can get our new license stickers.  Ick.  Anyway, after lunch we hopped the bike in search of the local Wal-Mart.  I was looking for an adjustable ring for our future granddaughter, Bella, for her 4th birthday on Thursday, St. Patrick's Day.    We are actually giving her a subscription to National Geographic Little Kids but wanted something for her to open on her birthday.  I looked at the Disney stuff and at the regular jewelry.  Then I found the perfect thing---toe rings!!!  Odd but true.  The rings are small and adjustable, and I got 5 for only $4.  Perfect.  She wanted one with a purple or medium blue stone, so I took one of them and sewed on some blue beads.  Problem solved.  We did some other shopping while we were in the big store area, then headed home.

The whole day today was brightly overcast, humid with a cool breeze.  I could have opened the doors and windows, but I kept the air on to keep it dry.  We didn't do anything in the evening except watch our favorite shows.

Pretty boring, huh!!!!

Louise and Duane

1 comment:

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

What an excellent idea to get her National Geographic Little Kids. A gift that will keep giving all year round.