Saturday, September 18, 2021

Gloomy Gray

Today we had no plans which turned out to be a good thing .  We woke to 55degree fog, with rain forecast for the bulk of the afternoon.  Despite the gloom, we used the morning for exercise.   When Duane went to play pickleball I started for my two-miler on the walking path.  I got almost a mile before I saw this tower of smoke. 


I continued as far as the depot in the distance before a brisk breeze blew the smoke my way.  I started home then turned for this picture of the smoke encircling the depot.  I 
outwalked the smoke, but coughed most of the way home.

I managed to capture this picture before I was engulfed and had to flee.


I was surprised by this "dead weed" which suddenly put out tiny yellow flowers and tiny white puffs of seeds.


The rest of the day the sky was gray with a mixture of smoke and rain.  We spent it inside, Duane alternating college football and rodeo on tv, and I reading my book.

Dry and sunny again tomorrow.

Louise and Duane










No comments: