Thursday, May 25, 2017

No Fun

It’s my fault that today we had to make two trips to Tyler for tests.  I had called our doctor to voice my concerns over Duane’s behavior.  In the last week or so his optimistic attitude and energy level plummeted.  I wanted to know if this “down” attitude and tendency to sleep instead of do home pt was a natural part of a long recovery or if his medications needed a second look, or if there could be some other concern.  Our dr. (I really mean the nurse on dr.’s orders, of course) replied by ordering a lung xray and more bloodwork.  To cheer him up I suggested that (we have breakfast out (since breakfast is his favorite meal out) after his fasting bloodwork.  His response was so-so.  After he ate he said that it “just didn’t taste right.”  Hmmm.  This evening our dr called again to say that he needed a ct scan of his lungs, which he had this evening.  He also is scheduled for a sonogram tomorrow afternoon.  I will tell his therapist tomorrow morning what has been going on.

More info as we get it.

Louise and Duane

1 comment:

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

Sometimes after surgery, the patient does become a bit withdrawn. Duane has really gone with the rigger. Praying that the lung tests come back negative.