Sunday, January 28, 2018

Sunday Funday


Saturday afternoon was not fun.  A 3 hour long series of thunderstorms dump a lakeful of water on us.  There's nothing like a drenching rain to find any house leaks you didn't know about. 




This morning we ware amazed at just how much rain fell.  This 5 gallon bucket was dry when the rain started!

In the evening I watch part two of the series Blue Planet II.  I was inspired to use one of my Christmas gifts--do-it-yourself pencil eraser color blocks-- to recreate what I was seeing.  After they were done, they had to be baked at 250d. for half an hour, then cooled.  I was pretty pleased with my creations, and they really do erase pencil marks.



Without threatening weather, today was a day for fun activities.  The pickleball crowd that's been showing up (20-30 people for the last three days) opted to do other things.  The small group of about 10 people that showed up was there to have fun.  Bloopers and  mis-hits were greeted with jokes and laughter. Good shots were promptly complemented.
  For afternoon fun Duane played table tennis and pool.  I read a book, exchanged it at the library for another one or two, and walked the long way home around the block.

Only 5 days left at this park.

Louise and Duane


No comments: