Wednesday, January 03, 2018

Ok, Now What?

220 miles further south today and I guess this is just about as far south we can get with out leaving the country.  It’s still cold.  The high today at Harlingen (Harlin jen), TX was close to 60, and, joy of joys, the sun shone all day, but there was a cold wind blowing with ice on its breath.  After a bit of tricky maneuvering we got set up in our home for the next month—Tropic Winds RV Resort, an Encore RV Resorts park.  We are here courtesy of our Thousand Trails membership.  As first time visitors, we received a really good deal for a month.  This place is a true resort—a little self-contained village with rv sites, manufactured sites, park model sites, church, heated pool and spa, shuffleboard horseshoe pits, bocce ball court,  billiards, fitness center, (big)library, 4 pickleball courts (Duane can hardly wait to get back on the court), and R(emote)C(ontrol) raceway.  There concerts, dances, shows, classes, a restaurant, organized tours to nearby activities, crafts, cards and other games.  In short,  everything anyone over age 55 might need to keep from being bored or sedentary.  Everyone we’ve met so far is very friendly and welcoming, and assures us that the weather will be improving soon.

With all of this at our disposal, we spent the afternoon chasing down a walk-in clinic that might treat me for my sinus infection.  It has been slowly invading  my head, oozing downward, and after a week is finally getting too close to my lungs.  In Harlingen, the home of more clinics than any city I’ve seen, I was out of luck.  Some were closing, most didn’t take my insurance.  Hmmm.  Time for Plan B, call our insurance company tomorrow and try to get them to find a clinic for me.  Plan C is to tough it out. This plan might actually work if the weather changes for the better and I can get outside to walk around a bit and boost my immune system with fresh air and sunshine.

One more night of cold, them things start heating up.

Louise and Duane

 

No comments: