Monday, January 15, 2018

Constantly Changing

I’ve heard people say,”  If you don’t like the weather, just give it an hour.”  This is especially true of this area of the Rio Grande Valley of south Texas.  When I got up this morning at 8:30, the sky was gray, the air was still, and the temperature was about 55d. I put on long pants and a long sleeved shirt.  When I went to play pickleball at 9:10, the sun was out, the air was warm and the wind was blowing about 10-15 mph.  I changed my clothes to shorts and a t-shirt and went out to play.  After 2 hours I was ready to go home.  The sky was clouding over again and the wind was gaining a bit of a bite. 

Tomorrow afternoon the temperature is predicted to drop steadily and there’s a 50% chance of rain (as of now).  With that in mind, we ventured out to the grocery.  At the Texas Information Center the wind displayed all of the flags.

IMG_7362

We don’t go out very often, but it’s a resort—there’s very little need to go out.

Louise and Duane

1 comment:

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

That is Ohio's motto...."If you don’t like the weather, just give it an hour.” We have had snow, rain, sleet, ice and sunshine in one day in Ohio, and the girls played softball through all of it.