Thursday, January 11, 2018

Fun In Harlingen

The main complaint that we’ve heard from people who winter in the Rio Grande Valley is that it is too windy.  Today we finally understand.  A cold front has been blowing in all day today and will continue all night.  The forecast calls for 25-30mph winds with gusts of 40-45 mph.  The wind is dropping the temperature in our house and the gusts make it rock and shake.

This morning I played pickleball for a couple of hours—not straight, there were enough people to fill the courts twice, so that there were a few minutes of waiting between each game.  After lunch was laundry time.  To reward myself for my hard work and exercise, I played with my (1000 piece) jigsaw puzzle all evening.  I am about halfway done.  There’s nothing to compare to putting together a winter scene while watching Elvis romp through Fun In Acapulco, and listening to the wind outside blow through palm trees.

Tomorrow, the wind should only be blowing about 13 mph.  Nothing like a good game of wind pickleball to hone your skills.

Maybe I’ll finally remember to take the camera for some action shots.

Louise and Duane

No comments: