Wednesday, January 10, 2018

I Did It!

Yep! I played pickleball today!  I walked the few yards to the courts and felt rubber-legged, but sat only a few minutes before I got a chance to play.  I decided right away that I was overdressed (long sleeves, long pants).  The courts are  protected from the wind and pretty much in the sun.  The play is divided into better players on two courts and beginning/play for fun on the other two.  Since I am not up to par yet, I played a couple of “light” games, sat for one, played one then went home to rest.

After lunch Duane went to play pool.  I walked 1/2 way with him-- as far at the dumpster, then back home.  I took two more short walks, one to the mailbox, and one to the library to pick out a jigsaw puzzle to work at home. 

The day was beautiful again, sunshiny with a strong,cool breeze and temp in the low 70’s.  I was very glad to be able to enjoy the weather for a couple of hours.

Tomorrow the temp is supposed to drop about 10 degrees, but I will be at the court again, building up my muscles and stamina.  Duane didn’t suffer much from his infection.  After a day off yesterday, he was back at it full-tilt-boogey.  He was playing piclkleball before I got out of bed, and played for another 1 1/2 hours after I left.

It feels pretty good to have an interest in life again.  Not only have I started reading again, made an actual dinner and am going to make a fresh batch of cookies, but I am looking forward to working my jigsaw puzzle.

Better and better!

Louise and Duane


1 comment:

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

Yipppppeeeee...isn't it wonderful getting back to normal. Or as normal as you two can be. lol