Monday, April 24, 2017

One Last Sunday

Since we will soon be staying home a lot, we spent Sunday with the family.  We started the day with breakfast at Denny’s.  Jennifer, as usual, decided that she was much too comfy in bed.


The rain kept everyone inside on Saturday, so today ended up being chore day. 

Jennifer power washed  the porch wall.


The rest of us went down to the Fishin’ Shack at the river.  Jeremy explained that the pump was installed in the new well. Since it didn’t need to go all the way to the bottom, it is suspended partway down the pipe and  held in place by those straps


Duane helped him to build a frame for the concrete floor around the well head.  Eventually a pump house will be built here.


I played ‘good Grandma’ and followed kids around with the camera.  Luke discovered this unfortunate black snake.  Jeremy planted grass by laying down this mesh which held grass seed.  Unfortunately, this snake got under the mesh somehow and couldn’t get out.  It was in bad shape with several raw patches where it scraped off its scales and skin.


We let it rest in the sun for a while before releasing it away from the ‘mesh’ grass.  It eventually crawled away.


Meanwhile Allie honed her balance skills, (Jeremy was below, ready to catch),IMG_1237

and Luke got brave. That’s Jeremy holding Allie below.  She didn’t fall.  She didn’t want to shinny down the pole so she lowered herself onto his shoulders and he lifted her down.


Back at the house Luke and Gramps rested with a game of Battle.  Battle is the Texan name for what we Midwesterners call War.  This was a rainy day staple at my house when I was growing up. I found it amazing that Duane, who grew up only about an hour away from where I lived,  had never played it.


Meanwhile I went to see if Allie wanted to play cards.  She was in her room doing homework.  This is her nice desk.


This is where she was doing her work.


Too nice a day for cards.  We went outside for fun and games.



About 3:00 Luke had to go to baseball practice. Duane decided that he’d had enough fun and we headed to the house.

One more day of freedom.

Louise and Duane

1 comment:

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

HAHAHA...we had desks for the girls too. We found them on the bed or floor doing their homework. Kids are all alike I guess.
Good luck tomorrow, Duane. We will be keeping you in our prayers. Lots of prayers for Louise too...especially for patience.