Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Moving Day

This morning we said goodbye to our new friends and fellow pickleball players and said hello to our son Jeremy and family.  The original plan was to go out to dinner for my birthday but some of us ate a late lunch.  Jennifer kindly produced a bake at home pizza and a cookie pizza which Allie decorated.  We spent the evening visiting until time for kids to hit the sack.  I took the camera and left it in the truck!  Tomorrow we will be going out to dinner.  I promise more pix.

The family relaxing before kids' bedtime.


Gramps and Luke doing what guys do best.

Thanks to Stacy & Ruth Ann, Matt & family, and Rachel and family for their birthday wishes.  Thanks to our friends too.

Since this is a shortie I will fill it in with a (hopefully) helpful tip and some useless trivia.

To get rid of tomato sauce rings on plastic storage containers, use a drop of dish detergent with a handful of used coffee grounds to scrub away the stains.  Wash out the container with warm water and the stain should be gone.  Disclaimer:  I have not tried this.  U use glass containers for tomato based dishes.


50 years ago, when I was 15, the top 10 tv shows in the US during the 1966-1967 season were

1.  Bonanza
2.  The Red Skelton Show
3.  The Andy Griffith Show
4.  The Lucy Show
5.  The Jackie Gleason Show
6.  Green Acres
7.  Daktari
8.  Bewitched
9.  The Beverly Hillbillies
10. Gomer Pyle, USMC

I can remember my parents watching all of these shows except Daktari.   I remember a movie by this name but not on tv.  I guess my parents preferred the comedy/variety shows over the drama.  I was leaning toward westerns and mysteries. 

Come visit with us again tomorrow.

Louise and Duane

1 comment:

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

I remember all those show also except Daktari. Must have been on a channel we couldn't get with rabbit ears.

Thanks for the tip about sauce stains. I will give it a try.