Sunday, June 04, 2017

I Didn’t Mean To!


Can you guess where we ate breakfast this morning?  We met Duane’s ex-wife Colleen, daughter Stacy and her wife Ruth Ann at Cracker Barrel, of course.  (Just can’t ditch that creepy guy!)

IMG_1428

The ladies were in Texas for a 5 day visit with Duane Jr and his family in Van Alstyne, about 2 1/2 hours away, but wanted to see us too.  Ordinarily we would have driven there, but Duane can’t sit in the truck for more than 45 minutes.  They so kindly accommodated us by driving 2 hours to meet us.  That way we had a drive of only 30 minutes. We enjoyed a nice 3 hour breakfast and chat before we had to head home.

Halfway home we drove straight into a real Texas frog strangler.  Visibility on I20 was limited to 2 car lengths, and traffic slowed down to 45 mph for the last 15 miles or so.  Outside the house we had to wait for another 15 minutes for the rain to slow down enough for Duane to turtle into the house without getting soaked.  After an hour’s rest, we went out for our daily mile walk.  The rest of the day scattered gully-swampers pelted us.  I wandered in to look at the puzzle for an hour or so, then do something else so that I could finish it tomorrow, but before I knew it, it was done!  The park doesn’t have any more that interest me.  Guess I’ll just have to read my book!


,   IMG_1431

Tomorrow, pt reevaluation.

Louise and Duane


No comments: