Sunday, September 18, 2016

Nothin’ Doin’

 

Or doin’ nothin’, depending on how you look at things.  We did roust ourselves out of bed early (7am) to play pickleball one more time.  From there we hunted up a grocery for those pesky “things we forgot the last time.”  After lunch I cleaned out my loft storage.  I didn’t find anything that I actually wanted to jettison, but I did fix things so that they wouldn’t keep sliding out and obstructing the slides going out.  It took me 3 hours of climbing up and down a step ladder, but it was worth it.  Next time I forget to check slides before I extend them,  I won’t pull off the decorative trim (again). 

Tomorrow we plan to let the Eagle fly through Kings Canyon National Park.  Until then I will leave you with some interesting trivia.

In September of 2006, Anousheh Ansari paid $20 million to ride the Russian Soyuz TMA-9 capsule into space.  This made her the first female space tourist, the first Iranian in space, and the first Muslim woman in space.

In 1872, Victoria Woodhull was the first woman to campaign for U.S. president.  She ran under the National Woman Suffrage Association.  Although women would not be granted the right to vote by a constitutional amendment for nearly 50 more years, there were no laws prohibiting a woman from running for the chief executive position.

September 16 was Play-Doh Day.  This product hit the market in the mid 1950’s. It was originally composed of flour, water, salt, boric acid, and mineral oil.  First manufactured in Cincinnati, Ohio, it was marketed as wallpaper cleaner.

See you tomorrow.

Louise and Duane

1 comment:

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

Thanks for featuring the women two out of three facts. lol