Thursday, September 08, 2016

Hurray!

 

Three notable happenings today.  One is that Duane and I opted to stay in bed while little feet ran back and forth past our door getting ready for school.  When everyone was out the door and quiet reigned, we got up and ate a quiet breakfast.  The silence was almost deafening!  Another cause for cheering was that we got to play on those wonderful new pickleballe courts in Clayton (re Left Is Right…blog).  Beth had to work, but Matt, Duane and I went out for a little practice session.  No one else was there.  While Mel literally ran around the other 13 courts, Duane and I taught Matt the basics of the game.  After a bit one of the local players showed up and we were able to play several games.  Matt was pretty good for a beginner which made the games more fun.

The third cheer was for the dinner party with Matt and Beth’s friend Jody, her fiancé, his son and son’s girlfriend as guests.  We spent 3 pleasurable hours with them enjoying Matt’s wonderful cooking, some good wine, and nonstop lively conversation.

Sorry there are no pix.  I was too busy enjoying myself to remember to take any!

Tomorrow Matt and I are on our own for the morning.  I wonder what mischief we can get into.

Louise and Duane

1 comment:

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

I think it was more like a hip hip hooray day...lol