Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Weirdness

With another day of rain in the forecast,  we hopped in the truck for a bit of shopping.  We were happy see the mountains again, even though they were shrouded in clouds.

We drove to Lyons, about 15 miles west of Longmont, to shop for fabric.  We know that pot is legal in Colorado, but it is still weird to see pot shops.  They are heavily regulated in Denver, but here they apparently are not.  In Lyons we passed this place, 

and this one (too much traffic to slow down for a picture of the place).  Neither of these two places seemed to have any customers.

Time to get busy.

This place was pretty big, with two smaller rooms off to the sides.  It took me a while but I found what I needed--three fabrics very close in color and hue to the ones I already had.
I admit I took a little longer than I needed to treat myself to all this eye candy.
The staff was very friendly and helpful.  The lady that was helping me turned out not only to be a fellow Ohioan, but also grew up in Greenville where my dad grew up, and her husband worked with Duane in the GM plant in Dayton!

 Shopping and visiting done, we drove past this shop, which was very busy.

 In the same little shopping area we found this place and decided to give their malts a taste test.  Duane liked his vanilla, but I found my chocolate rather tasteless.  We both agreed that there wasn't nearly enough malt in them.

Last stop was at Safeway.  When we came out a thunder storm was flashing lightning and pouring rain , even though the sky was blue.  After a bit the rain slackened, so we ran for the truck.  By the time we reached the truck, it started to hail.  We loaded up and got out of there, trying to drive out of the hail before it damaged the truck.

It seems it wouldn't have worked.  When we arrived home we found hail here too.

With only one more day here tomorrow (Wednesday),  Duane is hoping for a dry morning to play pickleball one last time.  One can only hope.

The weather may be wet, but at least it's cool.

Louise and Duane

No comments: