Monday, June 18, 2018

Repeat


Another wet morning with storms and heavy rain in the afternoon.  I kept busy cutting fabric for my next quilt.  When I bought the fabric for this one (in Texas), I estimated how much I would need by the size of the blocks I intended to make.  However, I have since decided on bigger blocks.  I knew that I would need more fabric, but I needed to cut out the four yards that I have in order to determine how much more I need.   We are visiting the Lyons Quilt Store tomorrow.  With 7000 bolts of fabric I'm sure that I will find the fabric I need--if not an exact match, then something that will coordinate.

The weather today was weird.  This afternoon while thunder was rolling and rain was pouring down in buckets, the sun came out of the clouds and shone brightly.  This evening as I walked to the shower, I saw the moon shining brightly just above the western horizon.  Overhead and to the east, clouds covering the sky were constantly flashing lightning.  When I came out 10 minutes later, the moon was gone as was the lightning.  The sky was completely overcast again.

Only two days left on our visit here.

Louise and Duane

No comments: