Saturday, June 16, 2018

Learning Curve


This is the first time in our 12 years of full time travel that we have spent more than one week without a sewer hookup.  We have to use the campground restrooms and showers or hook up and dump every few days.  Duane sees using the public rooms as the more favorable alternative.  I am learning that I will never be comfortable using them.  Even though I know that they are cleaned thoroughly on a regular basis, I still don't like them. 

I am also learning that we really, really need a stand for our (portable) satellite dish.  It sits on the ground behind our house.  The roads are very tight here and every time a trailer goes by, or even if someone walks right in front of the dish, we lose signal.  Very annoying!

I have learned that rv parks in Colorado during the summer is very expensive.  Today Duane called to check on our next reservation--$300 a week and was told that a new owner had taken over and raised the price to $450  a week!  They also said that they didn't have a record of our reservation and so couldn't give us the previous price.  We found a spot at the local Elks for two weeks, but it has no sewer hookups and no shower house/restrooms!

It could be worse, I guess.  We could have to boondock with no dump station!

Louise and Duane


No comments: