Friday, June 15, 2018

Before I publish a blog, I do my best to let you see what we are experiencing.  You can ride along with us through a canyon, watching the scenery unfold, listening to the wind and the roar of the bike.



 You can feel the power of water rushing over boulders.


I can capture tiny bits of awesomeness, but what I can't make you feel  is how hot it is down here

and how cold it is up here.

You can't know that my jaw drops when I look waaaaay down on the tops of 30 foot trees,

or how exciting (Duane says hair-raising) to know that there are only tiny pieces of pavement and soft gravel between you and straight down. 

 You can't smell the wonderful scents of warm pine and spruce, whiffs of perfumy wildflowers, refreshing  smells of pure air and  clean water.  I can tell you how sometimes all of these sights, smells and sounds sometimes start songs running through my head--often America The Beautiful or How Great Thou Art, and that sometimes I am so overwhelmed by the grandeur and how lucky I am to experience it that I can't do anything but weep.

All I can do is keep trying and hope that my efforts make one person say,"I want to go there and see that for myself" and that some day they do.

I hope it's you.

Louise and Duane

No comments: