Sunday, August 22, 2021

Homebodies

In our quest for fun today Brock, Leola, Duane and I didn't wander very far from home.  Just down the street from Timber Valley SKP Park, we found the Blackberry Festival in the Sutherlin city park.  The car show of yesterday was replaced by a motorcycle show today.   


All kinds bikes were represented:
 riding





dual-sport



fast riding


home-made one piece at a time


After food-truck lunch at the park I bought a couple of home-made items from local vendors.  We decided the afternoon was perfect for a leisurely ride in the country for Brock and Leola to enjoy the covered bridge Duane and I discovered yesterday.


We dawdled in the beautiful afternoon weather but made it back to the park for ice cream social.  We were surprised to find a very small group.  Perhaps the others were at the festival...
(Oregon's governor has reinstated the indoor mask mandate.) 


Back home I decided that I had just enough energy to gather a bunch of windfall apples.  I know they are worm-eaten and bruised, but with a minimum of work I can get enough "purely organic" fresh fruit for a couple of deep-dish apple pies.


After about an hour I had a pile of  peels.  Surprisingly I found only two worms.


My reward was enough fruit for three deep-dish pies.  Yum!


I plan to find time this week to find time to pick blackberries.


Home today, far away tomorrow.

Louise and Duane

No comments: