Sunday, October 13, 2019

Artistry In Wood


On our last day of visiting our daughter Stacy and her partner Ruth Ann in the Cincinnati area, we all wandered around a huge carving show called Artistry In Wood.  Over 250 artists represented all forms of carving including:   realistically detailed pieces



relief carving

and lots of caricatures.

Large pieces included the  whimsical
(this is the magic broom from Disney's Fantasia)


beautifully practical

and charming.
This group shows a daddy/grandpa telling stories to his children/grandchildren while the dog listens too.  The pole in the middle represents the stories he spins.

Toys were present too, including several marble racing towers

and this "automatic carver.  Per instructions I put one of those little blank pieces on the right into the slot , and cranked the handle.  The figures at the top moved up and down until the bell dinged and hey! presto!  through the door on the bottom left popped my finished carving shaped in the state of Ohio and carved with "2019 Artistry in Wood".  I didn't know I had it in me!

After two enjoyable hours of wandering, the four of us enjoyed lunch before driving back to the girls' house.  Duane enjoyed some quiet time while the girls and I walked to do some fabric shopping at the JoAnn Store for more Christmas projects for me.  

After supper of party leftovers, Duane and I collected our final hugs and kisses, took one last picture, and headed  home.


Moving day tomorrow.

Louise and Duane



No comments: