Wednesday, January 08, 2020

Long Time Coming

In the last 6 months while I was working on Christmas gifts, I was really thinking that I wanted to be working jigsaw puzzles.  Now that Christmas is over and we're back in Florida after our two week visit to Ohio, I have the luxury of indulging myself.  
My first choice was a 300 piece easy puzzle which I completed today between pickleball and a two hour grocery shopping trip.

This evening I started a 1000 piece Alfred Hitchcock mystery jigsaw puzzle.  First the solver has to read a booklet describing the secrets of suspects who have an usual obsession with Hitchcock and his films.  Then the solver has to assemble the puzzle.  The kicker is that there is no picture of the completed puzzle.  Once the puzzle is completed by trial and error, the solver studies the cryptic clues, and identifies the disguised clues  from clues in the story and the puzzle.

That sounds rather complex, but I have done one of these puzzles before.  The hardest part is assembling the puzzle, but with clues from the story, it isn't as difficult as it would seem.

Let's see how long this one takes me.

Louise and Duane

No comments: