Saturday, October 27, 2018

Detail

I have been talking about the quilt squares that I’ve been making, but have said that I won’t show until the recipient receives the finished quilt.  Today, as I got back on track with my goal of making three squares a day, I thought that I might show the problems I have been trying to overcome without actually showing that the completed square looks like. 

Each square consists in part of eight diamonds of alternating light and dark.  This square is really flat and had all eight points meeting perfectly. 

IMG_5083

This square, which unfortunately represents most of the completed ones, doesn’t lie very flat and has some points and some flat ends mostly meeting in the middle.

IMG_5084

Sigh.  I’ll keep on trying.  Maybe I’ll get a second perfect one!

Tomorrow, same stuff.

Louise and Duane

No comments: