Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Close One!

The last time we were at the grocery I bought a tube of hamburger.  After thinking about it for a couple of days, I decided to use it to make stuffed peppers, but kept forgetting and fixing something else.  Yesterday, I had resolved to stuff the peppers, but forgot again.  Later in the evening while I was half-listening to the news while I waited for the weather report, I managed to get most of a report of a nationwide outbreak of salmonella poisoning.  The report warned that the suspected source of the outbreak was beef products made by JBS Beef.  I went to the fridge to check and yes, my tube was made at JBS.  At the end of the report the reporter said that the beef being recalled would have the EST code 267.  Yep, there it was on my tube, which went from my hand to the trash.  I was feeling lucky, grateful, and kind of scared at my close call. 

If you have any suspect beef, don’t take any chances.  The results of salmonella poisoning are pretty severe.Go online and check it out immediately.  I just typed in bad beef and clicked on bad beef in Arizona.  From there it’s easy to find out.

Good luck.

Louise and Duane

No comments: