Sunday, May 08, 2016

Fair Warning

Thursday, May 12, is Limerick Day.  Edward Lear popularized the limerick in his Book of Nonsense in 1846.  Limericks are humorous poems of just five lines long with the first two lines rhyming with the last line, and the third and fourth lines rhyming.

If you have a favorite limerick, send it to me and I will consider it for publication on the blog.  I plan to write one of my own.  That's what the warning is for!

For your enjoyment today I give you two jokes and a limerick.

What is the difference between a hippo and a Zippo?

How do fish get high?

There was a young lady from Lynn
Who was so exceedingly thin
That when she assayed
To drink lemonade
She slipped through the straw and fell in!

Ohh!  Such fun on a rainy day!

Louise and Duane



Answers

One is heavy and one is a little lighter.

Seaweed

I never promised not to tell another bad joke.

1 comment:

where's weaver said...

I was and am the world's person in poetry!
Seaweed....good one.