Tuesday, April 06, 2021

Rough Day

This morning after a year of  physical therapy and two mri's of my right shoulder, I again visited my doctor to find out my next step.  He said that the pt has strengthened the muscles surrounding my shoulder joint, but now the time has come to surgically repair my rotator cuff tears before they become any bigger.  I have a date with a surgeon next week--on my 70th birthday, no less!  Bummer!  This will definitely delay our departure date by several weeks.  

After lunch Duane went to his eye doctor to get a status report on his macular degeneration.  No good news there either.  His degeneration has worsened in the past year.  There is nothing he can to to stop his vision loss except to keep taking his vitamins and eating his vegetables--a double whammy for him, a confirmed meat and potatoes guy!

After these blows we retreated to the house to find comfort in our hobbies.  I spent several hours with my latest jigsaw puzzle.  Duane sewed his newest wallet.  This one features not only the basic Masonic  symbols (as did the first one), but also the 32nd degree emblem. 


Getting old sure isn't easy!

Louise and Duane 

No comments: