Thursday, April 22, 2021

Feeling Puny

Today was supposed to be a fun day.  The plan was to drive to Shreveport, LA (100 miles, 11/2-2 hours), confer with our financial guy, catch some lunch at Firehouse Subs (a favorite of ours), do some shopping at Tandy Leather, stop by our son's house in Kilgore for the mail and a birthday box for me, drive home.

Most of our day was far from fun.  We made it to Shreveport and met with our financial guy.  Then we received a call from the dentist.  I was scheduled to have a cracked tooth removed on May 1, but they could fit me into a cancelled appointment slot at 2 today.  Ok, change of plan.  No lunch or shopping.  Drive to son's house, pick up mail and birthday box, eat fast food lunch in the truck, stop by the house to drop off mail and box, and for me to clean my teeth.  Duane--spend 2 1/2 hours waiting in the truck, me spend 1 hour getting prepped--three molds of my teeth made and local anesthetic injected, 1 hour of torture getting my tooth pulled and the teeth on either side shaved down to hold the bridge, and 12 hour getting the temporary bridge made and fitted.  I guess I should have asked for nitrous oxide, but I really didn't think I would need it.  I was very wrong!

Back home to relax and wait for my mouth to return to normal.  The strenuous day took its toll on both of us.  I gave in and fiddled with Sudoku puzzles.  Duane tried to finish his pickleball cover, but had no energy for it. 


The good news is that the hard part is over.  Now we wait for the permanent bridge to be made.  Since I had this done early, we are sure to be able to leave for our trip on time.

Getting older is a challenge!

Louise and Duane 

No comments: