Friday, December 01, 2017

Details

Another beautiful sunny day, chilly in the morning , but quickly warming to short sleeves and shorts by early afternoon.  I finished cutting out the front and back of the Christmas tree skirt that I’ve been working on, and sewed them together.  In the afternoon we hit the pickleball around for an hour, greatly enjoying the weather.  The rest of the day I worked on the details of the tree skirt.  I found a couple of seams that the machine missed and hand sewed them.  I tacked the front and back at several different places so that they won’t pull apart in the wash, then I sewed on patches of Velcro to hold the edges together.  I ironed the whole thing, thin folded it loosely until I’m ready to box it up.  Phew!


We had our usual visitors.  This little bird is either trying to fly into the trees or a rival reflected by our windows—maybe both.  He tries every day.

DSC_9059

These deer pass by our house every day also, usually around all four sides at some time or other.

IMG_6314


IMG_6304


Tomorrow is more sewing for me, more goofing off for Duane.

Louise and Duane

1 comment:

where's weaver said...

I love seeing wildlife when we are parked somewhere. Birds just cracked me up. We had one that would come every day to our window and look at it and peck at the window. We figured it thought that it was beating up on some other bird. So funny.