Thursday, December 28, 2017

Chore Day

We expected our new electric fireplace to arrive sometime today which meant that only one of us could go play pickleball this morning.  Guess who that was!  I stayed home and commandeered the satellite all day, flipping from one to the other with merry abandon.

I also showed my Yankee roots.  Son Jeremy gave me a piece of smoked pork shoulder.  Now, a true Southerner would have plopped that baby in a pot of beans for hambean soup.  I plopped that baby in a pot of green beans and potatoes, but not before I stripped it of all that smoky stuff off the outside, then-Oh horror of horrors! I took off all the fat! Unthinkable!!!  I didn’t stop there either.  I put in a lot of cabernet sauvignon for added flavor along with a lot of onions and garlic.  Delicious! 

In the afternoon Duane took over Looking For The Delivery Guy duty while I did laundry.  Delivery Guy arrived about 6pm and left us with our new electric heater.  Of course it wasn’t a swift job of swapping out the broken one with the new one, but we got ‘er done eventually.  Now we can quit burning propane.


IMG_7293

Topped off the evening with a cup of hot tea and some freshly baked chocolate chip cookies—still warm!

Ahhhh!

Louise and Duane

No comments: