Thursday, August 03, 2017

Quietly Busy

Duane took off for breakfast with Bob Kedler, a former co-worker, and I went to house sit while the family went to King’s Island.

Girls

IMG_2426

and boys just waiting for the parents.  Off they went about 9am.

IMG_2428

I was there to await the arrival of the big dumpster and make sure it was left in the right place.  The dumpster didn’t arrive until 4:30, but I kept busy doing my laundry, weeding flower beds, and reading.  After breakfast Duane wired in a 30 amp rv service.  At last we can camp in the kids’ back yard and run the air conditioner! Yay!

The dumpster is there for the big cleanup tomorrow.  The big cleanup is for the party on Saturday which is to give old friends of the CA kids a chance to catch up with them. 

IMG_2433

To reward ourselves for jobs well done, we met Eddy and Pam for supper,

IMG_2434

then enjoyed watching Pam ride her horse Tuff.

IMG_2437


IMG_2436

In the evening Eddy and Duane enjoyed an evening of pool.  Pam did her thing.  I stayed home and served eviction notices on my chiggers.  If you are fortunate enough to live where these tiny parasites don’t, I will explain.  They are tiny red mites about half the size of a pin head.  They like tall grass and weeds especially along the edges of woods. (Hmmm I was just weeding there yesterday.  Duane warned me that I would regret that!)  Like mosquitos they cause itchy red welts by making a whole in the skin and injecting enzymes.  They like tight places like the edges of snug clothing.  Take the pic below and multiply it about 100 times and you can imagine what I look like!  Fortunately, they get full and drop off, so a hot soapy shower and washing your clothes and sheets will get rid of them.  Anti-itch cream like Benadryl will take care of the itch, and the welts disappear in about a week.  I guess with all the rain that the chiggers are having a good year.

IMG_2443


Work day tomorrow.

Louise and Duane




1 comment:

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

Oh my gosh, Louise. Your leg looks awful. I hurt for you. I hope we never run into those dang varmints.