Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Oh! No!

One of the best days for taking pictures and I forgot to change my camera battery!  The California family is visiting the Ohio family—six grandkids together (half of them), and we spent the whole day without pictures! 

Although it was very weird for me, we had fun anyway.   We spent a fun afternoon at Young’s Dairy.  There aren’t a lot of tourist draws in this area which means that local businesses need to be creative.  Young’s started out with tours and ice cream made on the premises, then expanded over the years to  include a petting barn, two levels of mini golf, batting cages, a restaurant, a high slide with burlap bags, and a small child area with one of those blow up jump thingies, push or pedal John Deere’s and a vat of corn kernels to play in. Each of these activities is a pay to play.   While the parents and Grandps took the older (and in some cases taller) kids on the slides, batting cages, and golf, I played with 4-year-old Mel.  She jumped, and slid, and pedaled and played in the corn until she got hot and thirsty, then persuaded Daddy to quit golfing and find her a drink.  After golf we hit the snack bar for sodas, milk shakes, sundaes, cones, and fried cheese curds (like mozzarella sticks and very yummy). 

Back home kids played in the pool and on the trampoline.  (My daughter) Rachel and I had a nice visit while we weeded her flower garden and rested while watching kids.  After supper we discussed plans for tomorrow.  They are going to Kings Island.  I’m staying at the house until the rented dumpster arrives, and Duane picks me up after his breakfast with a friend.  We left the family to bedtime stuff and took ourselves home.  On the way we were treated to a gorgeous blood-red sunset, since I didn’t have a camera of course!  Back at the house, the first thing I did was put a fresh battery in the camera!! 


Tomorrow is up for grabs.

Louise and Duane

No comments: