On March 28, when I realized that the corona virus was going to be keeping us home for the long haul, I started a project that I'd been putting off for several years: turning thousands of these
2 1/2" x 4 3/4" 60 degree diamond fabric pieces into a queen-sized quilt.
I started by hand sewing four diamonds into a 5" x 8 1/2" patch.
I passed the bulk of my self-isolation sewing and by April 11 had completed 200 patches.
Today, when I finished my 500th patch, I had almost completely cleaned my table.
The next step is to lay them out in some kind of pattern. I'll do this on a queen-sized cover to see if the pattern is one that I like and to make sure that I have made enough pieces.
That'll be the hard part!
Louise and Duane