Tuesday, November 05, 2019

Two Beauties

Since the weather wasn't up to our standards for a long bike ride, Duane decided to ride to the pickleball court.  I stayed home to work on my next project, which involves this beautiful Dresden Plate quilt top.  
This top was discovered among my mother's stuff, which makes me think that it was made by her aunts.  Dresden Plate is a pattern which was created (along with patchwork) to use up little pieces of fabric leftover from other projects.  The top  is entirely hand-stitched,

which means that the pattern pieces would have been traced around a piece of cardboard and cut out with scissors.  It was originally made for a full-sized bed.  I have decided to add to the edges to make it queen-sized, then make a backing and border to complete the quilt.

To take a break from my sewing, I took a walk around the perimeter of the rv park along this golf-cart road.  Other than some distant road noise, my walk was relatively quiet and relaxing.

Ride tomorrow, maybe.

Louise and Duane

No comments: