Friday, September 08, 2017

I Was Right

I didn’t play pickleball this morning because it was very chilly, and because I figured that I’d better spend all day working on my book.  Maddy’s (13th) birthday is Monday and I haven’t finished the first draft yet!  I made a lot of headway today, but it’s still going to be nip and tuck to finish by Monday, especially since we’ll be spending a lot of time with the family over the weekend.  If it’s late, though, she won’t mind.  Her “real” birthday present is that we are taking her camping next weekend—without her brothers.

I was correct in my prediction of yesterday.  While Rachel, Maddy and I went shopping for birthday party supplies for her party tomorrow, Grandpa and the boys set up the croquet court and played some serious games.  The rest of the afternoon was filled with tossing the football and the usual swing and jump.  In the evening while Benji and Rachel enjoyed a date night, we played cards and watched Perry Mason episodes on dvd.  Maddy has become quite a fan, and the boys have started watching too.

Tomorrow you are invited to the party.

Louise and Duane


No comments: