Monday, September 11, 2017

Done—Mostly

Moving day today.  We were going to stay in the kids’ back yard for another day or two, but the ground was already soft and rain is predicted for the next three days.  We are back in Poor Farmer’s campground for the next ten days.  We are trying to get in as many last minute visits with friends and family before we leave Ohio.

I finished writing the book I was writing for (granddaughter) Maddy’s 13th birthday today.  She decided that she wanted to wait until this weekend to get it, so I decided to give a copy to Rachel to let her edit it before I copy it into a journal.  In it I describe what she can expect for the next 7 years as a teenager, and my sage grandmotherly advice on how to survive them.  If it passes the Rachel Test, then each grandchild will receive a copy for his/her 13th birthday also.  I’m copying it in a journal in an effort to introduce her to journaling.  Next weekend she is camping with us for the weekend without her brothers, as she requested for her birthday present.

Now that the book is finished, I can finish a couple of sewing projects before we head to Texas.

  Tomorrow, back to the pickleball court (unless it’s raining, of course.)

1 comment:

where's weaver said...

Great to read that the journal is ready for presentation. I think that is so cute that she wants to spend the weekend with you two for her present.