Friday, November 25, 2016



I’m making a new tree skirt.  I got it all cut out—4 panels top, 4 panels bottom on Wednesday.  Today I sewed them all together, folded in the two open edges and top sewed them and the whole thing top and bottom.  I laid it out to photograph it and discovered that I had put half of the top on the bottom!  That meant taking out top stitching on half, taking those two panels apart and resewing them together in the right sequence, then putting in all of the topstitching---again!!!  From the title you can deduce that some not so nice things came out of my frustrated mouth.  Now my Friday project is now a Saturday or maybe Sunday project. I have told my grandchildren that if they didn’t have to take out some stitching then they weren’t sewing correctly.  I meant it—but for only a few stitches!  I will post photos whenever I get it done, which I hope will be before our ride on Tuesday.

Next time I’ll pay more attention.

Louise and Duane

1 comment:

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

Oh dear. We have all done something similar to what you did Louise. Two steps step backward. You will get