Monday, March 01, 2021

Work And Play

Our first day back home was cold and rainy.  We had to go out to do chores this morning, but in the afternoon we "worked " on our hobbies. 

I cut sashings for the tshirt cover I'm making, and sewed blocks and sashings into rows.  Sashings are fabric strips that frame the blocks.  I have made 3 of these quilts, 


but this is the first one in which I've used sashings.

Duane was quite happy to pound leather all afternoon.  He finished the parts for my little purse to wear when we fly The Eagle (if weather ever permits!)  The big part is the back of the purse and the flap that folds over the small front piece.  the plain flat piece will hold the two pieces together.

He also finished a pair of spur straps which me made just for fun.

Sunshine's on the way!

Louise and Duane

No comments: