Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Push

A cold front settled into our area last night so that it was a chore to make ourselves get outside in the beautiful sunshine for some exercise.  We walked from our house to the office down the park road.

IMG_6246

This is actually a nice walk. The road twists and curves among the oak trees and ground cover.

IMG_6249

Halfway point

IMG_6250

The shrubs offer protection from the wind.

IMG_6252

Nice little rest stop

IMG_6254

Not far now

IMG_6256

wildlife sighting

IMG_6258

About a mile (20 min.) later we reached our goal, the office on the right.  We took care of business and walked home for lunch.

IMG_6259

At 2pm I walked to the activity center to lay out my latest Christmas tree skirt.  I laid out a big square, tweaked it a bit, then picked it up in numbered rows for sewing together.  Since I was working with patches on curves, I was unsure how many to cut.  I tried to figure it, but as usual I cut way too many.  The pile on the right is the tree skirt; on the left is the ones I don’t need.  Don’t worry, I have a plan for them.

IMG_6284

When I returned home at 8:30 Duane had finished painting almost all of his ornaments.  He needs to buy some more paint to finish the rest.

IMG_6285

After 6 1/2 hours of laying out my design on the floor, I was pooped.  The couch for me the rest of the evening.

Tomorrow, Happy Thanksgiving.

Louise and Duane

No comments: