Thursday, February 21, 2019

Nasty Day

Duane and I have a running argument.  He says the weather is nasty when it is wet.  I contend that to be truly nasty the weather has to be cold and wet.  Today fit that definition perfectly.  To cheer myself  I decided to review some pictures I took yesterday on our trip to visit friends Brock and Leola (when the weather was beautiful).

Flat topped cloud

Dairy Queen curl

hot air balloons (2 of 4 pictured) heading home.


Also to combat the cold and gray, I cooked.  I always get a kick out of  red potatoes--each one has a funny face.  This poor guy looked like a boxer that had the worst of a bout.  I cooked him with corned beef and cabbage.  I kept warm by baking a batch of chocolate chip cookies (my warm taste test was very yummy!) and for breakfast,  lemon blueberry bread.    


Gene and Duane played pool all afternoon.  When I finished baking I went next door with warm baked goods and visited with Barbara for a while.  In the evening the four of us shut out the cold and dark and played cards.

Four days to moving day.

Louise and Duane

No comments: