Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Quilting

This morning after pickleball, we rode to Sun City (Phoenix area) with Kenny and Lisa to help them pick out pickleball paddles.  They are new players but have decided that they like the game and will keep playing, and wanted to own their own paddles.  After they were satisfied with their new purchases, we ended up at IHOP for breakfast/lunch before heading home. 

This afternoon, Duane relaxed, but I still have work to do.  I took my quilt to the craft room at the Activities Center.  I laid out  the backing, added the batting then the top, then stretched and smoothed it as I crawled along pinning it all together.  That way it will not move or pucker when I wrestle it into my sewing machine for quilting, which is the process of sewing the three pieces together in a decorative pattern.  I decided to stitch in the ditch, which means to outline each square by sewing on the seam between the blocks.  I started in the middle, sewing downward, then moved to each seam to the right, a total of 5 seams.

To destress, I like to use brightly colored markers to color by number.  Below is an example of how a picture starts,

IMG_5417

and ends.

IMG_5421

I like watching the patterns gradually emerge.

Sewing and laundry tomorrow. 

Louise and Duane

No comments: