Thursday, November 01, 2018

Progress Report

We were awakened early this morning by a loud chirping.  I removed the dying battery from the smoke alarm in the bedroom.  Later we replaced the batteries in both alarms, which reminded us that this weekend the time will change back to standard time.  (Change the clock, change the smoke alarm batteries, a good habit to acquire.)  Arizona does not change to daylight savings time.  What happens here is that during the summer Arizona ends up on Pacific time because California changes to dst.  In winter Arizona goes back to Mountain time as California regains standard time.  This makes a big difference to us because we know a lot of people in the Eastern and Central time zones, and have to make sure we don’t call too early or too late.

More people are coming into the Saddle Mountain RV Park here in Tonopah so that some days we are getting enough people to play a game or two.  This morning Duane, Christine, Kenny and I had a game, then a young guy whom we met yesterday, Bradley returned from working all night and played 6 or 8 games.  He is 20 years young and one step below a pro.  He is very quick and has lots of energy.  I call him Tigger.

Duane and I are making headway on our Christmas projects.  He has carved details on 11 of his 13 ornaments for the grandkids.  I have completed 6 of the nine rows of quilt blocks that I need.  That equates to 36 of the 54 blocks that I am in the process of constructing. 

I am still running my rock tumbler.  The last time I changed the grit ( which, with water, scours the surface of the rocks and makes them shiny) I put in the first of the final polishers.  I’m hoping that I can make some nice jewelry from these rocks.

Riding tomorrow.

Louise and Duane


 

No comments: