Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Day Off

Today I took a well-deserved (I thought) day off from projects.  The real reason was a migraine, which makes my judgement wonky, but I still deserved one and decided to take it today.  This doesn’t mean that I was idle.  I made beef stroganoff for lunch, and photographed, laundered and packed my quilt project for shipping.  Then I goofed off.  Duane didn’t take a day off.   He worked on his project, but took off to play pickleball in Buckeye this evening. 

The weather here in Tonopah, AZ has been perfect.  With highs in the mid to upper 70’s, and nighttime lows in the upper 40’s, hot sunshine tempered by a few clouds and a cool breeze, we have been enjoying every minute of our stay here.  The house is a little chilly in the mornings, but we practice pickleball every day at 9 am in shorts and tees.  During the day open doors and windows are usually enough to keep the house comfortable After sunset we have several hours before we need any heat in the house. These temp are about 10 degrees cooler than normal for this time of year, which makes me wonder if the winter is going to be cooler than usual, but for now we’ll just enjoy what we have.

Back to work tomorrow, hopefully.

Louise and Duane

No comments: