Sunday, October 29, 2017

Lazy Bums

That’s what we were today.  We did walk our two miles this morning and practiced pickleball for an hour this afternoon.  Other than that we sat in our favorite seats with the boob tubes on.  Duane computered while he watched.  I read a magazine and worked pencil puzzles.   We had the windows and doors open in order to enjoy the beautiful sunny day.

I won the prize for being the laziest.  I didn’t take any pictures!  I guess I wore myself out yesterday.  I not only cooked lunch, but I baked lemon-blue berry bread for breakfast. (I was out of milk and had to substitute something for it.  After a lot of thought, I only came up with water.)  I also baked a batch of snickerdoodles.  I ran out of white sugar and had to substitute brown sugar for the sugar/cinnamon to roll them in before baking, but it worked.  I guess all of that baking and substituting was way too much activity for one day, and I had to rest today!

Moving on south tomorrow.

Louise and Duane

1 comment:

Rick and Kathy Rousseau said...

Everyone needs a day like that once in a while.
Using whatever is at hand is how Kathy often cooks same as many popular Chefs.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It's about time.