Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Road Walking Again



Since we aren't work camping any more, Duane is playing pickleball for exercise.  I am back to walking Lavender Road. 


When we walked before, we stopped here (one mile) and turned around to complete our two hour walk.  The walk was as I remembered, except for one thing.  The amount of roadside trash was horrendous.  From the park entrance down this hill


to the creek at the bottom, trash was everywhere, including on the banks of the creek and in the water.  It looked as though someone collected all 6 months of the trash Duane and I collected in the state park and dumped it along the sides of Lavender Road.




Since I am used to walking much farther, I continued down the road to the stop sign at Sand Flat Rd., another 3/4 mile or so.  Amazingly, that part of the road was trash free! 
As I turned around and headed back, I tried to ignore the trash and focus on the beautiful weather instead. 



More beautiful days in store.

Louise and Duane







 

No comments: