Thursday, November 19, 2020

Finished project

My latest project uses junk glass tumbled in my rock tumbler until the edges are smooth and rounded so that they're safe to handle.

I have experimented with clear glass, which acts as a sun catcher and throws colors on surfaces.



This time I decided to use opaque glass (simulated sea glass), which reflects the light.

After preparing the glass and selecting various interesting shapes, I glued decorative hangers on the ends.

I used fishing line to hang the pieces from a decorative piece of saguaro skeleton.

The result is a light reflector that tinkles in a light breeze. 
I may leave this as is or I might shorten up the lines a bit to put the pieces closer together.

Meantime, I'll let it hang in my living room for a day or two while I think about it.  When I make my final decision, I'll trim the ends of the lines and put a dab of super glue or Gorilla glue on each on to keep them from untying.

Now what do I do for fun?

Louise and Duane

No comments: