Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Progress Report

March 28
I laid out a shoe box full of 2"x3" fabric diamonds.  These are cut 60 degrees on the bias, which means that a sewing machine would stretch them out of shape.  To make them into a queen sized quilt top they have to be hand sewn.  What else do I have to do during the pandemic?


After looking and thinking for a while, I decided that they should be sewn together in colors.

April 22
I reduced the small piles of diamonds to about half

and had a couple of hundred larger diamond patches.

May 21
Not many little pieces left after constructing 500 larger diamonds.

June 4
After laying out the diamonds in various patterns and getting only chaos, I decided that the diamonds needed to be larger yet.  16 small diamonds made more sense.

July 20
I completed 145 large diamonds and have only a few small ones left.  After laying them out once, I was ready to sew rows together.  

Hopefully a month from now the top will be done.

Hopefully!

Louise and Duane

No comments: