Thursday, December 27, 2018

Mixed Bag

Work and play occupied our time today.  We played pickleball this morning, then worked on laundry.  After lunch we rode to town with Gene and Barbara to pick up a few grocery items we forgot yesterday (see Guys’ Day Out blog), and a couple of other places.  Back home Duane worked on a carving of an ornament he’s thinking of making for the grandkids’ 2019 Christmas ornament.  I worked on my present project—a dog sweater for my sister’s dog.  I’ve never made one before, but the pattern is easy to follow and I made a lot of progress.

I have progress far beyond this starting row.

IMG_6036

Weather wise we were more down than up.  We had a bit of sunshine here and there, but as the day progressed dark gray clouds covered the sky and a cold breeze kept us in sweatshirts and jackets.  We had no sunset this evening, just a solid cover of gray.  The temperature is unusually cold also.  We’ve had to have heaters running all evening.  The forecast for the next week calls for daytime highs in the mid to upper 50’s and the nighttime lows in the upper 20’s to low 30’s.  Brrr!

Trying to keep warm  ,

Louise and Duane






No comments: