Saturday, December 08, 2018

Downs and Ups

After two days of clouds and rain, we saw sunshine part of the day.

Mr. Scrooge and I went Christmas shopping.  I was glad to get most of it done, he was glad it was over.

We caught some of the Phoenix area traffic, but were soon out of it.

When we arrived home Scrooge was pretty tired and grumpy, but perked up when we found that our good friends Gene and Barbara had safely survived their four day journey from Ohio.

Our visit with them this evening was short, but we’re looking forward to spending a lot of time together during the next 3 months.

We have more shopping to do, but it will be done online and at local stores.

I have a bit of wrapping and packing and shipping to do, but I think everything should arrive in time.

I know that most people our age just send money, but I think our grandkids would much rather open a surprise present—except for older teens, who can appreciate pocket money.

After a week of no pickleball, we are looking forward to playing again tomorrow.

Sun and fun in our future forecast.

Louise and Duane





        

No comments: