Saturday, December 22, 2018

In The Mood

Our friends Barbara and Gene are spending their first Christmas away from their families.  Barbara says that it’s just not Christmas.  I told her that she needs to do something to help set the mood, such as put up some colored lights, play some Christmas music, watch a Christmas movie or two.  She finally bought a tiny tree for her table, and I made a little tree skirt for it.    Tonight we didn’t play cards because they decided to watch National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.

IMG_5992

At our house I put up decals,

IMG_6017

display Christmas cards (the ones on the left were made by our grandkids, the ones on the right we received in the mail),

IMG_6018

and hang ornaments—all here shown in the soft glow of colored lights strung around the top of the walls.

IMG_6019

My movie choice for tonight was A Christmas Carol with George C. Scott.  This is my favorite Christmas story.  Every year, in addition to watching this movie, I read the story.

We’re ready for the big day.

Louise and Duane

No comments: