Friday, April 13, 2018

Happy Birthday To Me!

Whenever my birthday comes around while we're visiting any of our kids, I always say that it's my birthday and I expect a big 'do'.  Then I wait to see what happens.  This time son Jeremy, daughter-in-law Jennifer, and grandkids Allie and Luke rose to the challenge.  For dinner there were pork chops, scalloped potatoes, and green beans.

Allie whipped up a super duper double decker  chocolate cake with chocolate frosting 

and Luke found some flattering candles.  Today I'm 34 years old!

Allie relaxed after her labors.  It tickles me how these long limbed rangy kids can fold themselves into small bundles

For fun we opened the presents sent from my sisters in Ohio.

Luke kindly offered to wear the button for me.

 Allie and Jeremy rode the big rooster--

This was hysterically funny to watch!

We topped off the evening with an excellent game of Ticket To Ride.  Allie couldn't sit still when she got close to winning. 

Added to all of this fun, telephone calls from the other kids throughout the day made for a very fun birthday for me.  I can hardly wait to see what happens next year!

Rain today, sunshine tomorrow.

Louise and Duane

No comments: