Sunday, December 12, 2010

Pecos Geocaching

Main Street Pecos
This was the second geocache we found today. The first was at the Pecos zoo. I forgot to take a picture there.
This is the other welcome sign in town. This one is on Business I20


We looked a little while to find this one. I wish we were taller, I had to lift Louise up to reach this one. I think I hurt my back...lol Not really, but I do have to get in better shape if we find many of these ...lol

I thought I may have lift her again, oh good, she can each it.

This is the original cemetery in Pecos

This one was easy to find.
We spent the day around Pecos doing a little geocaching. This was the first we have been out hunting for some time. We went looking for 6 different caches, found all 6. One of them took us back to the town of Toyah, almost a ghost town now. After finding that one , we drove out a gravel road a couple of miles looking for agates. I read on the net that you could find them along the gravel roads in that area. Louise did find a few little ones. We didn't spend a lot of time there, why, because we had to back to the rv park for ice cream at 4....lol. Escapees parks always have ice cream on Sunday. I try not to miss that.
Tomorrow it's on the road again. Deming, NM, our next workcamp job, is about 300 miles west of here. Our plan is make that drive tomorrow. There is not much to see between Pecos and Deming so no stops except for fuel and lunch. We hope to get there early afternoon and get sit up for our 2 1/2 month stay there. We are not do to start work till Jan, 2, but may see if they need us to start next week. We will see.
Till next time
Duane and Louise











1 comment:

Paul Weaver said...

Looked like a fun day. We have to try that Geocaching thing!

Enjoy you trip...be safe!

Merry Christmas

Paul (and Marsha)