Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Deming, NM


My Christmas tree farm

We have arrived in Deming, NM. Our workcamping don't start till Jan 2 so we have been doing some running around. Yesterday evening we went to the Gem and Mineral Society to see what that was all about. They have a great shop that members can use to cut and polish the stones that they find in this area. We talked to several people that has offered to take us out in the desert to show us the ropes of rock hounding here. There are a lot of areas around here that one can find geodes that when cut and polished make great jewelry items. We are going today to a rock shop that teaches wire wrapping of the stones that you polish to see what the classes cost. Look out ladies, you may have rock art coming your way....lol. They have a meeting tomorrow, we will join their ranks then.
I seem to have gotten in a little rut lately. I have started carving Christmas trees. I think I'll carve a few more before I'm done with them for a while. Not sure what I will be working on next. One never knows what I will get inspired to carve next, at least I don't know. I have several things I have started and set aside, maybe it's time I finish them.
Well we are off to the rock shop
Till next time
Duane and Louise

No comments: